Gateway to the European economic centres
The European western ports of Antwerp and Rotterdam are two of the most important transhipment yards and petrochemical- sites in the world. From December 2020, we will expand our network and open the gates to the most important hinterland destinations in Germany and Austria for our customers from the chemical and mineral oil industries - on a daily basis.
By 2025, the major economic centres in Germany and other European countries are to be successively linked even more closely with the western ports shifting significantly more transports to the eco-friendly rails. The concept links combined transport with conventional wagonload transport in a hub-and-spoke solution. To achieve this, we will call upon Kijfhoek, the largest shunting yard in the Netherlands, which has the perfect location to connect both ports.
The dense network and its resourceful hub-based system will set the stage for highly reliable service with short transport times – overnight. All terminals of both ports will receive daily service including single wagonload transport.
- Daily connections to all major port terminals via Feeder trains to and from the strategic hub in Kijfhoek (NL)
- Connecting container- & bulk liquid terminals in Antwerp (Left bank / Right bank) and Rotterdam
- Daily connections between the hub and major Hinterland destinations
- Direct connections from the seaports to the Rhine-Ruhr region
- Up to 50 trains per week reaching the main European economic centres
- Terminal-to-door services
- Fast transit times with same day or overnight connections
- Transport of all lot sizes possible, box and tank containers and rail tank cars
- Additional frequency and destinations in accordance with market needs
Our account managers will be happy to support you. We look forward to your request!